Looking for the best body wash for your sensitive skin? It can be a real challenge to find something that works for everyone, especially when different chemicals and additives react with people differently.
Certain harsh ingredients tend to make people with sensitive skin break out with itching, burning, peeling, or all of the above. These ingredients can also lead to acne and all sorts of skin blemishes.
- The 15 Best Deodorants for Sensitive Skin
- The 15 Best Body Washes for Dry Skin
- The 12 Best Soaps for Dry Skin
- The 10 Best Natural Body Wash
But with so many different solutions all over to internet and in stores, how do you know which one will work for you? The best way to find your perfect match is to look around for reviews of products that people with your same skin problems recommend.
Instead of searching through different websites and running to your local store, you can find your own personal best body wash for sensitive skin right here.
No more itchiness, acne, breaking out… Those days are in the past!
- The Best Sensitive Skin Body Wash for You:
- 1. Bioderma Atoderm Shower Gel
- 2. Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash, Fragrance Free
- 3. Tree to Tub pH Balanced Body Wash
- 4. Bioderma Atoderm Cleansing oil
- 5. pH Balanced Body Wash for Sensitive Skin by The Crown Choice
- 6. Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash with Oats
- 7. Puracy Natural Body Wash, Sulfate-Free Bath and Shower Gel
- 8. Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash, for Sensitive Skin
- 9. Dove Sulfate Free and Hypoallergenic, Sensitive Skin Body Wash
- 10. Vanicream Gentle Body Wash
- 11. Cetaphil Daily Refreshing Body Wash
- 12. NIVEA Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash
- Tips to Find the Best Body Wash for Your Sensitive Skin
The Best Sensitive Skin Body Wash for You:
1. Bioderma Atoderm Shower Gel
Bioderma is a dermatologist-approved brand. This body wash is perfect for sensitive skin. It contains no soap and is free from parabens and colorants.
This shower gel by Bioderma is a hydrating product that contains glycerin, coco glucoside, glyceryl oleate. These active ingredients are great moisturizers that do not irritate your skin, clog pores, or cause allergies.
This body wash can be used for delicate baby skin also. This product also contains copper sulfate that purifies clogged pores of your skin.
Bioderma Atoderm Shower Gel is slightly scented, but the fragrance used in this body wash does not cause allergies and is sensitive skin-friendly.
Also, this body wash contains the skin protection complex. The skin protection complex has vitamin B3 and a combination of sugars that helps to keep a healthy skin barrier.
- This shower gel can be used on dry and sensitive skin
- This product contains no parabens and colorants
2. Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash, Fragrance Free
Cetaphil is an incredibly well-known brand when it comes to skin care products. Whether you’re trying to find the best face wash for sensitive skin, soap bars, or body washes, they’ll never let you down.
One of the biggest selling points for Cetaphil’s Ultra Gentle body wash is that it’s fragrance-free. Many people who have skin sensitivities find that their issues are stimulated by artificial fragrances. While natural smells are fine, artificial ones are usually made in a lab.
Another great feature of this body wash is that it’s loaded with natural skin softeners like Vitamin B5, Aloe Vera, and more. It’s almost like using a lotion without having to apply an extra product.
- Cetaphil is a trusted brand
- This body wash is fragrance-free
- There are multiple different natural softeners found in this product
3. Tree to Tub pH Balanced Body Wash
Wild soapberries are becoming more and more popular in natural soaps and body washes recently. If you’re looking for the best body wash for sensitive skin, many would say your search should stop with the Tree to Tub soapberry body wash.
It’s no secret that introducing acid, natural ingredients such as lemon, apple cider vinegar, and certain other citrus fruits can help rid your skin of bacteria. They simply can’t survive the low pH, which is why the 5.5 pH value of this body wash is so effective. It’s harmless to the skin, while eliminating foul smelling odors and bacteria.
- Uses soapberries to naturally cleanse the skin without adding chemicals
- The low 5.5 pH of this body wash is great for eliminating bacteria
- The cucumber and Aloe Vera helps nourish and replenish hydration to the skin
4. Bioderma Atoderm Cleansing oil
Even though it is cleansing oil and not a body shower, this product is ideal for those who have extremely dry and sensitive skin. But do not think that a cleansing oil is like a regular oil that we use in cosmetics. Shower oil also foams and feels like a body wash!
Also, it is important to mention that this body wash can be used not only for sensitive skin but also for skin that has psoriasis. This cleansing oil is recognized by the National Psoriasis Foundation.
This product does not irritate your eyes and can be used for babies too.
Bioderma cleansing oil hydrates your skin, alleviates the feeling of tightness, and can be used for scaling skin.
This cleansing oil contains no paraben, alcohol, soap, and preservative. This product has vitamin B3 that helps to keep skin barrier healthy. Also, it has coco and sunflower biolipids that hydrate your skin and keeps it healthy without irritation.
- This product is ideal for sensitive and very dry skin
- This cleansing oil can be used for babies skin
- Key ingredients keeps a healthy skin barrier
5. pH Balanced Body Wash for Sensitive Skin by The Crown Choice
Another fantastic, all-natural body wash comes from The Crown Choice. Loaded with well-known moisturizing ingredients such as lavender, spearmint, and Aloe Vera, you can bet that this body wash is quite effective. It also has a low pH to naturally reduce bacterial growth on your skin.
Certain creams have the potential to cause itching and dryness from the texture alone. The good news is that this product comes in a liquid form, which means you don’t have to worry about any possible side effects. It’s also easy to apply and wash off in seconds!
- All-natural ingredients that avoid hard, artificial chemicals
- The liquid form of this body wash is great for people who are sensitive to the texture of creams
- Low pH helps reduce bacterial growth and rid the skin of dirt without causing you harm
6. Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash with Oats
Aveeno is another great brand in the skin-care industry. With loads of soap bars, hair washes, and lotions on the shelf, they definitely know how to create products that keep us feeling clean. Much like the previous product, this one is fragrance-free.
The oat in this body wash is uniquely integrated to soothe the skin from itching, drying, and many other unpleasant issues. It’s also perfectly formulated to remove impurities without taking away the skin’s natural moisture. In turn, your skin is left feeling hydrated and clean.
This body wash also doubles as a lotion to keep you from having to apply any after each shower or bath. It lathers on and washes off without leaving any chemical residue, which is just about as natural as it gets!
- Made with oats in this body wash keep the skin from feeling itchy or dry
- Naturally hydrates your skin without leaving a residue
- Removes bacteria and dirt without stripping off natural body oils
7. Puracy Natural Body Wash, Sulfate-Free Bath and Shower Gel
The Puracy Natural Body Wash is another liquid-based product that uses coconut as its central ingredient. Much like the aforementioned washes, the natural properties cleanse the skin while preventing it from stripping oils. After prolonged exposure to moisture-stripping soaps, your body natural produces more and more to keep up. Luckily, you don’t have to worry about being over-oily with the Puracy body wash.
They use citrus and sea salt as a unique combination that moisturizes, exfoliates, and kills off bacteria without touching any chemicals. Sea salt has been used for ages to remove impurities, dirt, and excess moisture.
- Coconut naturally moistens, softens, and hydrates the skin
- No harsh chemicals that could cause burning, itching, or dryness
- Sea salt and citrus are used to exfoliate the skin and eliminate bacteria
8. Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash, for Sensitive Skin
If you’re still trying to find the best body or face wash for your sensitive skin, the Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash is a great self-proclaimed dermatologist recommended option. It’s a hybrid liquid-cream texture that washes well without having to use loads of water. It’s also mildly hydrating, which means you don’t have to worry about it adjust your skin’s natural oil production.
The main point behind this body wash is that it focuses on mimicking our skin’s natural pH value to keep everything aligned. Our body wants to remove bacteria, but it needs a little boost every now and then. This product helps keep the pH where it needs to be in order to function properly. It’s perfect for reducing and eliminating dryness or itchiness.
- The liquid-cream base is perfect for applying and soaking in the product
- Hydrates the skin without affecting the natural oil production
- Exact-match pH of our skin to align the body and remove bacteria
9. Dove Sulfate Free and Hypoallergenic, Sensitive Skin Body Wash
For more serious cases, Dove offers a hypoallergenic body wash solution. This product is great for consumers who find themselves dealing with skin sensitivity issues with body washes that usually don’t cause issues. Everyone’s skin works differently, and for the extra sensitive, this one is worth looking into.
One of the biggest issues facing the skin care industry is the fact that many cleansers often strip body moisture. Since bacteria often clings to water and oils found on our skin, the products aim to remove it all. Fortunately, Dove created this body wash to hydrate the skin while also stripping dirt and leaving you feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
- Made by Dove, an incredibly well-known brand world-wide
- Great for people who have extra sensitive skin
- Strips unwanted dirt and oils from the skin, while hydrating natural
10. Vanicream Gentle Body Wash
The Vanicream Gentle Body Wash is worth looking into for those who don’t want any of the excess additives that far too many body washes contain. Specifically designed for sensitive skin, this company steered clear of all possible breakout triggers. It’s also moisturizing and cleansing by removing the excessive oils and layers of dirt that naturally build up over time.
In an attempt to be the best body wash for sensitive skin, this product is free of soaps, fragrance, dyes, parabens, lanolin, formaldehyde, and more! While not all of them cause issues with every individual, it’s best to stay on the safe side.
- Moisturizes the skin without removing natural oils
- Free of multiple harsh additives
- Specifically designed for sensitive skin treatment
11. Cetaphil Daily Refreshing Body Wash
While some people prefer to not use daily body washes, this is a great alternative for those who do. Many daily body washes strip oil over time, which is highly damaging to the skin over time. Getting rid of natural oils not only dries out the skin, but it can also lead to wrinkles much earlier than normal.
High-lather formulas usually can irritate the skin too, especially if it blocks the pores from getting oxygen. Luckily, this is a low-lather body wash, which means you don’t have to worry about clogging your pours. It’s also fragrance-free, while naturally having a pleasant smell.
- Doesn’t remove natural oils from the body
- Contains a pleasant scent without any added fragrances
- Low-lather formula for easy bathing
12. NIVEA Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash
This 3-in-1 body wash works well for people with sensitive skin by avoiding chemical additives and including bamboo extract. It works for showering as a normal body wash, a shampoo, and a soothing lather. Your skin will be kept moisturized, without leaving dirty oils behind.
Unlike most body washes on the market, this one doesn’t use alcohol. Alcohol is a tricky chemical to add, because it’s both good and bad. It’s good because it removes dirty oils and unclogs pores, but you’ll also find that it dries out your skin. Dry skin leads to itchiness, burning sensations, and wrinkling at a younger age.
3-in-1formula that saves you money by shampooing, washing, and softening your skin
- Uses bamboo extract to prefer elasticity
Tips to Find the Best Body Wash for Your Sensitive Skin
What causes itchiness, dryness, and burning sensations in body washes?
Most of the unpleasant sensations that come from body washes are caused by artificial chemicals. These chemicals are intended to make the product smell better, feel better, and/or look more appealing. Dyes and fragrances are some of the most common chemicals added to body washes.
Are fragrances and dyes bad for your skin?
While most natural fragrances and dyes are completely fine to put on your skin, many mass-produced body washes don’t use natural ingredients. Since artificial chemicals generally do a better job at drastically changing scent and color, companies tend to lean towards them. Not only that, but they’re almost much cheaper to acquire and produce.
What are the best natural ingredients for body washes intended for sensitive skin?
You want your body wash to be moistening, hydrating, and cleansing before anything else. Scents and appearance are obviously semi-important, but they’re not essential to happy, healthy skin.
Ingredients such as cucumber, coconut oil, Aloe Vera, and bamboo extract are all amazing for leaving your skin in the exact state that it should be in. None of them strip natural oils, and they’re all great for removing bacteria and dirt.
Should you use body wash on a daily basis?
There’s a great debate on whether or not we should use shampoos and body washes daily. Since our skin produces natural oils that are essential to its well-being and elasticity, we don’t want to wash them off too often.
On the other hand, there are obvious repercussions to not cleaning yourself. Nobody wants to walk around smelling like dirt, grime, and so on.
The best way to get rid of this issue entirely is to use body washes that don’t remove our skin’s natural oil. All of the body washes on this list are intended to leave healthy oils behind, while removing dirt. This results in your skin being pure and free of uncleanliness.
Can you use body wash as a shampoo?
Our hair has very different requirements than our skin. However, there’s a little bit of bending to this rule, since they both share similar health factors.
For example, hair and skin both need to keep their natural oils, remove filth, and retain hydration. In a pinch, it’s not a terrible idea to use a body wash for shampoo. Try not to get in a habit of it though!
If you’re looking for an all-in-one product to use on both your hair and your body, try the NIVEA Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash. It targets hair and skin to help you gain all the benefits that your hair and skin need to stay healthy and strong.
User Review( votes)
Joan S. Wilson is a lifelong makeup and skincare enthusiast. She used to work as a makeup artist for 5 years. Joan is always curious and wants to learn more when it comes to makeup and skincare. She tries her best to make other people’s skin health better. This is why Joan is so passionate about writing articles on beauty topics. She always looks for products that are high-quality, dermatologist-tested, and does that it says on the label. In every article, she shares her knowledge to make your life healthier and happier!