Looking back, we can’t believe that there was ever a point in our lives where we did not have a skincare routine! These days we have separate daily and nightly skincare routines – and not only do our faces look and feel amazing, but we are more organized and confident because we adopted this new regimen.
One of the key steps to our skin routines is our toner. Toners not only prevent breakouts, but they are also so good for dry skin. Most toners act as a moisturizer, binding moisture to your skin. Having a quality toner doesn’t have to break the bank either. You can find high quality, 5-star rated toners at drugstore prices.
Your skin routine is about to become more interesting, and your dry skin is going to thank you. Let’s tone it up!
- The 16 Best Drugstore Toners for Dry Skin
- 1. Ursa Major Essential Face Tonic
- 2. Clean & Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Face Toner with Salicylic Acid
- 3. Eve Hansen Dermatologist Tested Vitamin C Face Toner
- 4. KEEP COOL Soothe Bamboo Face Toner
- 5. IsNtree Hyaluronic Acid Toner
- 6. Era Organics Natural & Organic Face Toner Spray
- 7. TruSkin Naturals DAILY Facial SUPER Toner
- 8. InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Toner
- 9. Thayers Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula
- 10. L’Oréal Paris Skincare HydraFresh Toner
- 11. Mario Badescu Witch Hazel Toner
- 12. Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula
- 13. ACCOJE Hydrating Aqua Skin Toner
- 14. Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Toner
- 15. Rose Water Facial Toner by Leven Rose
- 16. Touch Glycolic Acid Toner
- Are Toners Good for Dry Skin?
The 16 Best Drugstore Toners for Dry Skin
1. Ursa Major Essential Face Tonic
What can we say about this toner, but that it checks off all the boxes for an affordable face toner for dry skin. Ursa Major’s Essential Face Tonic is a 4-in-1 hydrating and exfoliating face toner derived from natural ingredients. The core ingredients include hydrating aloe, toning birch sap, conditioning willow bark, and brightening sugar cane. Willow bark has been proven to contain skin-soothing properties – so your dry skin will be left feeling soft and cool.
We can’t bring up Ursa Major Essential Face Tonic without talking about hydration. There’s a reason why you put aloe on burnt or irritated skin – aloe is the most hydrating natural ingredient. Aloe comes to the rescue in this skin toner – leaving your dry skin radiant and satisfied.
Lastly – there are absolutely no suspect chemicals in this toner! It is a high-quality product at an extremely affordable price. This drugstore-priced toner is free of petrochemicals, sulfates, synthetic fragrance or color, glycols, or silicones. If you want an all-natural face toner, this is a strong candidate.
Also, did we mention that it’s 4-in-1 yet? This isn’t your everyday toner. It’s essentially your skin routine in one product.
- Brightens dull-looking skin: Your dry skin will feel firm and radiant as ever
- Removes oil and grime: Dry skin gets grimy too – not with this toner it won’t
- Soothes and hydrates: Your skin will go from parched to moisturized in moments
- Leaves a clean matte finish: You can leave that foundation behind because your skin will be glowing
2. Clean & Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Face Toner with Salicylic Acid
Another one of our favorites is Clean & Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Face Toner. One of the reasons we love this toner is because of the reputation of the Clean & Clear brand. They make so many dermatologist-recommended products across the board.
What makes this toner incredible is the key ingredient: salicylic acid acne medication. While some of us have dry skin, we still are acne-prone. It can be so hard to find a product that combats our skin issues on all fronts.
Clean & Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Face Toner is just that product. It is wonderful for all skin types – dry skin, combination skin, oily skin, and beyond. Not only is it effective against all skin issues, but it is fantastic for sensitive skin. Now you know the answer to those dry patches of skin and stubborn pimples.
- Reputation – we love that the Clean & Clear brand is reputable with skin specialists.
- The key ingredient – Salicylic Acid acne medication – effective against acne.
- Made with Sensitive Skin in mind!
- Preventative – not only does this toner rid your skin of spots, but it also prevents new breakouts.
3. Eve Hansen Dermatologist Tested Vitamin C Face Toner
Our next favorite drugstore face toner for your dry skin is Eve Hansen Dermatologist Tested Vitamin C Face Toner. Before we dive into all the benefits of this face toner, let’s talk about ingredients.
First of all, this toner contains reparative Vitamin C as well as different types of natural algae. New research shows brown algae have anti-aging properties. In addition to improving the appearance of aging skin, brown algae have anti-inflammatory properties. This face toner will both soothe and calm your dry skin.
Not only are the powers of green algae at play in this toner, but red algae are another key ingredient. Red algae are full of antioxidants that protect from free radical damage.
Also, we love the branding and the packaging for this face toner. The olive-green bottle is so inviting – it really mirrors the natural ingredients that this toner has to offer. The minimalist branding echoes Eve Hansen’s promise of their naturally derived and vegan products.
Besides aesthetics, Eve Hansen Dermatologist Tested Vitamin C Face Toner has several notable highlights:
- Hypoallergenic – and made with everything your dry skin needs
- Promotes collagen production – making your skin younger
- Dermatologist tested – and at a drugstore price
- Cruelty-Free – and thoughtfully crafted
4. KEEP COOL Soothe Bamboo Face Toner
Moving onto our next pick, we have KEEP COOL Soothe Bamboo Face Toner. We don’t know about you, but we keep hearing about how amazing and environmentally-friendly bamboo-derived products are. Bamboo is so sustainable and does wonder for your dry skin!
Not only is bamboo environmentally-friendly, but its affordable – making this face toner available at a drugstore price. Yes, it’s possible to help the environment, look gorgeous, and save money all at the same time!
In all seriousness, there are many skincare benefits to bamboo extract. KEEP COOL Soothe Bamboo Face Toner is infused with 85% bamboo extract, which has antioxidant and healing properties. This face toner ultimately helps your dry skin retain moisture and freshness while maintaining a healthy pH balance.
Let’s summarize KEEP COOL Soothe Bamboo Face Toner’s pretty COOL highlights:
- Hydrates your dry skin without clogging your pores
- Restores your skin to an ideal pH level leaving your skin healthier than before
- Key ingredients promote absorption and moisture – helping your dry skin reach its potential
- Other key ingredients protect your skin and minimize pores
5. IsNtree Hyaluronic Acid Toner
Onto our next skin routine wonder, we have IsNtree Hyaluronic Acid Toner. IsNtree is a Korean skincare company with some of the best face toners for dry skin.
Related: check our article about best Korean toners for dry skin!
IsNtree Hyaluronic Acid Toner’s mission is to restore moisture to dry, aging, and sensitive skin. With that said, it’s no surprise that 100% natural aloe is one of this toner’s main ingredients. They promise instant hydration in a single drop of this insanely hydrating facial toner – along with the fact that it holds moisture for up to 24 hours.
With these promises of the ultimate skin hydration, it’s hard to pass up on this drugstore face toner. Here are some other outstanding benefits this face toner has to offer:
- Hydration all day and all night
- It improves your dry skins dull spots and reveals a much brighter complexion
- It soothes your dry skin’s redness and irritation
- It balances your skins natural level of Sebum—giving your dry skin a healthy pH level
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles, making your skin as youthful as ever
Related: Best Green Concealers
6. Era Organics Natural & Organic Face Toner Spray
Our next choice in facial toners is Era Organics Natural & Organic Face Toner Spray. First, let’s talk about convenience! We fully support skipping the whole step of applying the face toner to a cotton pad and then applying it to your face. Being able to spray your face toner on is a total game-changer. Thank you, Era Organics, for the convenient packaging!
Also, we need to talk about ingredients. This face toner has some of the best naturally occurring ingredients for dry skin collectively and at a drugstore price. First, apple cider vinegar is the mother of all homeopathic skincare remedies. Research shows that ACV improves the overall complexion of your skin in a multitude of ways.
In addition to ACV, Era Organics Natural & Organic Face Toner Spray contains:
- Witch Hazel, which helps heal skin and reduce irritation
- This toner is filled with Rose Water! Besides the fragrant benefits, Rose Water is also known for tightening your skin, reducing signs of aging, and shirking the size of your pores
- Aloe Vera, which is praised for its anti-inflammatory properties
Era Organics Natural & Organic Face Toner Spray is packed with high-quality ingredients for your dry skin at the economical price of drugstore toners.
7. TruSkin Naturals DAILY Facial SUPER Toner
Moving down the list, we have TruSkin Naturals Daily Facial Super Toner. Spray your dry skin away with this super toning facial spray.
Did we mention the price yet? Bring on the good deals! There are so many overpriced skin products out there. Thankfully there are skincare goodies like TruSkin Naturals Daily Facial Super Toner that bring amazing results a drugstore value.
Let’s dive into what you’re getting with this super value:
- This face toner is packed with Witch Hazel, Amino Acid, and Vitamin C! Together, they have anti-aging properties
- These anti-aging ingredients fight fine lines, sun damage, and target enlarged pores and uneven skin tone
- This daily toner also helps refresh, smooth, and hydrate your dry skin
- This SUPER toner also contains Deep Ocean Organic Mineral Complex, which nourishes your dry skin
- Your dry skin will also be softened and smoothed by the added Vitamin C
- Even with results, this powerful, TruSkin Naturals Daily Facial Super Toner is made with the gentlest skin in mind
8. InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Toner
Another one of our favorite face toners is InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Toner. Honestly, being able to spray toner on in the morning saves us so much time, plus we don’t waste cotton on more products. Dry skin feels so fresh after spraying this toner all over. It’s quite honestly one of the best steps in a skincare regimen.
Besides the whole spraying bonus, this face toner has awesome ingredients that dry skin craves.
- InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Toner is jampacked with Vitamin C, which is so nourishing for dry skin.
- It also contains advanced ingredients like MSM, which penetrate pores and promote your skin’s elasticity.
- We can’t forget about the key ingredient of Lavender oil! This essential oil is known to purify the skin.
- It also consists of Geranium oil, which has been proven to have skin-soothing benefits.
- While they don’t use synthetic dyes, InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Toner uses active ingredients like Retinol, Salicylic Acid, and Vitamin C to boost the health of your dry skin.
Related: Best Oils for Dry Skin
Also, this face toner is insanely affordable – giving us another gorgeous toner as a drugstore value.
9. Thayers Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula
Ok, we’ll try not to be biased about this one, but we LOVE this brand. We could honestly shout it from the rooftops. This Thayers product is their Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula.
Where do we begin, but with the branding? We are suckers for some unique and aesthetically pleasing branding or packaging. Thayers does not disappoint with its vintage-looking imagery and unique appeal. Thayers is a reputable brand, and you see that they have been around since 1847 on the bottle.
But that’s just the outside of the bottle, let’s look at what’s inside the bottle:
- Real talk – Let’s talk about cleansing. While some toners contain Witch Hazel, Thayers Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel Facial Toner contains 195% more Tannins than other competitors.
- We are here to let you know what Tannins are – don’t worry! They’re substances found in the skin or bark of some plants. They have antioxidant properties that help clean and clear your skin. The best part – they’re all natural!
- Oh, and let’s talk about toning. While some toners dry your skin, Thayers does just the opposite. It restores the level of your skin’s pH balance, moisturizing, and toning your dry skin.
- No, we did not forget about moisturizing! Aloe Vera is our favorite little moisturizer – and Thayers Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula has got you covered! (No pun intended)
10. L’Oréal Paris Skincare HydraFresh Toner
We feel like L’Oréal is the epitome of drugstore brands in the best way possible. Next, in our search for the best drugstore face toners for dry skin, we have L’Oréal Paris Skincare HydraFresh Toner.
One thing your already dry skin does not need is alcohol. Alcohol dries your skin to a crisp! L’Oréal Paris Skincare HydraFresh Toner is alcohol-free. Good news for you, your alcohol can stay in your beverage and out of your face toner.
Let’s dive into these highlights, and splash some toner onto our faces:
- L’Oréal Paris Skincare HydraFresh Toner is gentle and does not dry out your skin – It refreshes your skin immediately
- Vitamins! L’Oréal Paris Skincare HydraFresh Toner is loaded with Pro-Vitamin B-5, which helps prevent your dry skin from moisture loss. Pro-Vitamin B-5 also acts as an anti-aging ingredient
- This is a twice a day toner – so you get to incorporate it into your morning and evening skin routine regimens. We love a good skin regimen
- This face toner also leaves your skin feeling smooth and supple after each use – you will forget that you bought it at a drugstore price
11. Mario Badescu Witch Hazel Toner
We would be lying if we said that we did not own many Mario Badescu skin products. We are obsessed with this brand, and it is super trendy right now — but let’s get to the main topic. Mario Badescu Witch Hazel Toner is next on our list because it does wonders for your dry skin. And while you can get Mario Badescu products at high-priced fashion retailers, this is another one of our drugstore value face toners.
What makes Mario Badescu Witch Hazel Toner so popular is the minimalism of its brand, packaging, and ingredients. It’s a full circle. Minimalism is aesthetically pleasing on its own, so the bottle immediately attracts you. The branding mirrors the ingredients, though – you have a simple label and simple ingredients.
- Witch Hazel – cleanses your skin without drying it out
- Rose Water -Smells terrific and rejuvenates your dry skin
- Aloe Vera – Delivers the soothing hydration your dry skin deserves
They might be simple ingredients, but they get the job done. Your dry skin is left feeling cool, refreshed, smooth, and just plain happy. Plus, the bottle looks super cute sitting on your vanity.
12. Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula
Are you honestly surprised to see another Thayers face toner on this list? This time we’re discussing Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula.
Again, with the branding! We’ll reiterate, we are suckers for some unique and aesthetically pleasing branding or packaging. Thayers does not disappoint with its vintage-looking imagery and unique appeal. Thayers is a reputable brand, you see that they have been around since 1847 on the bottle.
Besides the fact that this is Thayer’s original face toner, it is also important to point out the fragrance. Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula smells very fresh and herby. If you close your eyes and sniff the toner, you smell the greenery.
Even with the added fragrance, the core ingredients of Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner do not change. Your dry skin will love natural remedies:
- Witch Hazel – The super toner
- Tannins – The ultimate cleanser
- Aloe Vera – The moisturizer that all other moisturizers bow down to
13. ACCOJE Hydrating Aqua Skin Toner
Next, we have, ACCOJE Hydrating Aqua Skin Toner. Initially, when you look at the branding– you get a very refreshing feeling. It almost makes you want to drink a tall glass of ice water.
First things first – if we are going to talk about benefits for dry skin, we have to talk about pH balance. This toner’s primary goal is to support your skin’s pH levels, which leaves your skin feeling rejuvenated and hydrated.
The most refreshing aspect of this face toner is the fact that its key ingredients come from Jeju Island. This South Korean province is home to a unique bouquet of ingredients:
- Aloe Vera – This ingredient has impressive anti-inflammatory properties
- Cactus – This trendy plant keeps your skin incredibly hydrated and well-nourished
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract – This ingredient helps slow down the aging in your dry skin
- Ecklonia Cava – This actually promotes the survival of your skin cells
All in all, these unique ingredients give your dry skin the care that it needs, and they are all within your drugstore budget.
14. Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Toner
The next best drugstore toner for dry skin is Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Toner.
First, we love their branding – it is super hippy. Heritage Store has been around since 1969, and they own that in their branding. Their whole mission is to make high-quality products and empower people’s self-care. This is something that we fully support!
Next, let’s talk about how this is one of the best drugstore toners out there for your dry skin.
- This product is responsibly sourced – which makes you love it even more at this drugstore price.
- Also, they are alcohol-free which is one of the best things a toner can be for your dry skin.
- They are another one of our favorite facial toners because they use minimal ingredients – and they are honest about that. People like to know what they are putting on their faces – and you know what you are putting on your dry skin with Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Toner.
- One of the best things about this face toner is that it leaves behind a dewy glow. Facial serums and dews are picking up popularity again, so why not get you a product that can both tone your dry skin and give your face that dewy glow?
15. Rose Water Facial Toner by Leven Rose
Next, we have Rose Water Facial Toner by Leven Rose. Let’s break down why we love this gorgeous little face toner and why your dry skin will love it too.
First things first, we love the packaging. No, surprise there! The label is so beautiful, and encompasses the brand and the key ingredients.
Not to mention, we love that it comes in a mister! Sprays and misters always make the most convenient applicators. We love everything about the aesthetic of Rose Water Facial Toner by Leven Rose.
Ok, now let’s talk about ingredients and what makes this face toner so unique:
- Rose Water is the core of this toner’s ingredients – Rose Water Facial Toner by Leven Rose uses Rose Water from Morocco
- This toner is 100% pure and organic Moroccan Rose Water – talk about minimal ingredients
- Rose Water is the leading ingredient in most facial toners because of its natural skin-soothing properties. It is so good for dry skin because it helps restore skin to its natural pH level while retaining moisture
- Also, this 100% organic face toner is so affordable – that’s why it makes our list of the best drugstore face toners for your dry skin
16. Touch Glycolic Acid Toner
Rounding off our list of the best drugstore toners for your dry skin, we have Tough Glycolic Acid Toner. While the name doesn’t make this facial toner sound gentle, it contains vital ingredients that help moisturize even the driest skin types, leaving your skin radiantly healthy.
The main ingredient here is Glycolic Acid. We know you’re probably thinking – why would we want to push something as harsh-sounding as Glycolic Acid on already dry skin? Stop worrying! Glycolic Acid is actually recommended by dermatologists across all skin types because of its fantastic anti-aging and moisture retention properties.
While Glycolic Acid is the key ingredient in Touch Glycolic Acid Toner, this toner also has so many great ingredients for your dry skin:
- Witch Hazel – cleanses and soothes your dry skin
- Rose Water – reduces redness and has anti-inflammatory properties, leaving you dry skin glowing
- Aloe Vera – keeps your dry skin moisturized and hydrated
If you’re in the market for a drugstore facial toner that both soothes your dry skin and reverses your aging skin, Tough Glycolic Acid Toner is the one for you!
Are Toners Good for Dry Skin?
Honestly it depends on the toner! That’s why we pieced together the best list of the best drugstore toners for your dry skin. A facial toner is as good as its ingredients—which is why we break them down to the core of their properties.
This is how you know if your toner is suitable for your dry skin:
Your toner is alcohol-free! Alcohol is the enemy when it comes to moisturizing and toning your skin. Make sure your toner is alcohol-free, and that it uses wholesome natural ingredients.
If your toner has ingredients that help to restore your skin’s pH level. Your skin’s pH level is what determines if you are going to have dry or flaky skin and if you’re going to have oily breakouts. Just like with everything else in life, your skin needs balance. These ingredients will help your skin return to an ideal pH level:
- Witch Hazel
- Rose Water
- Bamboo Extract
- Lavender Oil
Also, an excellent facial toner for dry skin will have ingredients that help restore moisture to your skin. You want a toner that not only has moisturizing ingredients but has ingredients that help you retain moisture. The best toner for dry skin will have ingredients that help you stay hydrated:
- Aloe Vera
- Pro-Vitamin B-5
- Deep Ocean Organic Mineral Complex
In addition, an excellent facial toner for dry skin will contain ingredients that have anti-inflammatory properties. When dry skin becomes red, irritable, and flakey, you want a facial toner that will help neutralize your dry skin’s irritation. Your toner should have these ingredients:
- Rose Water
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Aloe Vera
- Geranium Oil
Lastly, dry skin tends to age faster than other skin types, losing its elasticity. You want a toner that helps reverse anti-aging, and that helps keep your skin cells alive and thriving. The right toner will have these ingredients to help keep your skin looking young, healthy, and radiant:
- Glycolic Acid
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract
- Vitamin C
- Ecklonia Cava
If you can find a toner that checks off all the boxes, you will have found yourself the best facial toner for dry skin.
To wrap up our list of the best drugstore toners for your dry skin – we just want to say that it is possible to find high-quality face toners when you are on a budget!
These toners are packed with naturally-derived ingredients that leave your skin feeling kissed by mother nature. At their core, these toners were crafted using natural remedies that we have been using for generations! That says something.
We hope this list has been helpful in your search for your next skincare product! We know you’re excited to spice up your skin routine, and your skin will be excited too!
Have a dry skin? Check also:
- Body wash for dry skin
- Powder foundation for dry skin
- Face wash for dry skin
- Setting powders for dry skin
- BB creams for dry skin
User Review( vote)
Joan S. Wilson is a lifelong healthy lifestyle promoter. Healthy eating, exercising is her daily routine for 11 years. Joan S. Wilson works as a nutritionist for 5 years. She is always curious and wants to learn more when it comes to health. She is not only taking care of herself, but she also tries her best to make other people health better. This is why Joan is so passionate about writing articles on health topics. In every article, she shares her knowledge to make your life healthier and happier!